Flyer extensions: Add a flyer to your ad
Add flyers to your ads with flyer extensions
Flyer extensions can improve ad visibility and performance by highlighting your business’s products, deals, and sale events. They allow you to showcase images (flyers) of your chosen products and promotions, providing shoppers with more information before they buy. Ads with flyer extensions can display prominently on broad queries like “weekly deals” or “weekly sales,” allowing your ad to stand out from the competition and increasing engagement. Flyers can be live for a maximum of a month. Adding a flyer extension to your ad is free with the usual charges for any clicks you get.
Flyer extension for text ads
Your flyer will consist of an image that you upload when adding a new flyer extension. When a potential customer selects the flyer’s image on your ad, they will be redirected to the flyer’s web page on your website. You can associate up to five flyers with each account, campaign, or ad group. If there is more than one active flyer associated with your account, campaign, or ad group, we will rotate the flyers uniformly.
Ability to set up in: All Bing markets
Serves in: United States
Flyer sponsored ad layout
Flyer sponsored ads appear prominently in the flyer carousel—which displays weekly ad circulars from participating businesses—and redirect potential customers to your flyer’s web page on your website. Flyer sponsored ads and the flyer carousel experience are only available for shopping campaigns. In order to set up a flyer sponsored ad, you must create a shopping campaign that targets the product in your flyer (i.e., you must set up a shopping campaign with one product in it). The images below show the flyer sponsored ad on the search engine results page and in the flyer carousel, respectively.
How to set up a flyer sponsored ad
- From the collapsible menu on the left, select All campaigns > Ads & extensions > Extensions > Account.
- Select Flyer Extensions from the dropdown menu and then select Create ad extension.
- Select Add new Flyer Extension.
- Enter your Flyer name and upload your Flyer image. See below for Flyer image specifications.
- Enter the Final URL. This is the link to the flyer’s web page on your website.
- Enter the Mobile URL, Description, and Start date – End date. Remember, flyers can be live for a maximum of a month.
- Under Store, select the appropriate Microsoft Merchant Center store that you want associated with your Flyer Catalog.
- Select Apply. This will automatically trigger a catalog feed named “Flyer Catalog” to be created in Microsoft Merchant Center in the Feeds tab. This may take a few hours in some cases. Note: “Flyer” will be added as a custom label 4 to your newly created flyer.
From the collapsible menu on the left, select All campaigns > Campaigns > Create.
- Create a shopping campaign and select your campaign settings.
- In your shopping settings, under Store, select the appropriate Microsoft Merchant Center store associated with your Flyer Catalog.
- Under Products, select the option button next to Filtered products.
- Select Custom label 4 from the dropdown menu and then type “Flyer” as the appropriate value.
- Select the rest of your shopping settings and campaign targets as appropriate.
- Select Save.
Ability to set up in: All Bing markets
Serves in: United States
About regional/local flyers
You can run regional or local flyers to target your flyer’s intended location coverage. In order to show regional/local flyers, you will need to update your campaign or ad group’s location settings to reflect your flyer’s intended location coverage.
Best practices for flyer extensions
Optimize your ad performance by adding a flyer extension to your ad in conjunction with two other extensions with ad decorations. For a list of all ad extensions, see About ad extensions.
Associate your flyer extensions with campaigns and ad groups targeting the appropriate keywords for your flyer so that your flyer appears against relevant ad copy.
Flyer sponsored ads in the flyer carousel can display prominently on broad, event-based queries like “weekly deals” or “weekly sales.” Please ensure that your flyer name and description are valid and detailed for the type of flyer and promotions included.
Flyer image specifications
Only one image per flyer.
Image must be: .gif, .exif, .jpg, .png, or .tiff.
Recommended minimum size is 220 x 220 pixels.
The image size cannot exceed 3.9 MB.
No watermarks or free shipping text.
The image below is an example flyer as it would appear on the flyer’s web page on your website.
Get started with flyer extensions
You can create an image extension yourself or import one from your Google Ads account.
Create an image extension
From the collapsible menu on the left, select All campaigns > Ads & extensions > Extensions.
Select Account to associate the extension with your account.
Note: You can associate extensions with campaigns and ad groups later as needed.
From the extensions dropdown, select Image Extensions.
Select Create > Create new Image Extension.
Enter the extension details in the Add new Image Extension panel.
Note: If you're making a single image extension, Name/Display Text is optional. Name/Display Text is only mandatory for multi-image extension.
Select Save. The new extension is added and shown in the Selected Image Extensions list.
On the main page, select Save to finish adding the extension to your account.
Head over to the About ad extensions page for instructions to:
Adding, editing, and deleting ad extensions
Associating ad extensions with an account, campaign, or ad group
Import an image extension from your Google Ads account
As part of your import settings, images are automatically imported from your Google Ads account to your Microsoft Advertising account. All images are imported as single image extensions, so Name/Display text is optional. Here are some things to know:
Automatic opt-in means the import process happens on its own.
This does not influence your spend! Your cost per click (CPC) won't change—it remains the same as clicking on ad text or ad copy.
Imported image extensions are supported on all devices.
Name/Display text is only necessary for multi-image extensions.
The import process will render all alt text to read "image," which will show up when customers hover over the image. Note: "Image" will only be shown in English regardless of market.
You can always opt out of automatic image extension import in your import settings.