Opting out of Automated Extensions
Learn how to manage Automated Extensions
Like regular ad extensions, Automated Extensions add a little spice to your ads, drawing more attention and making your ads more likely to be clicked. Automated Extensions are automatically added to your ads if Microsoft Advertising determines that it can improve your ad performance, but you can also opt out of specific or all Automated Extensions.
Opt out of Automated Extensions
Note: You can only opt out of Automated Extensions at the account level.
From the collapsible menu on the left, select All campaigns > Ads & extensions > Automated extensions.
- Select Manage Automated Extensions.
- Select Opt out of specific Automated Extensions and select the check box next to the automated extensions you would like to be removed to your account.
If you decide that you want to use Automated Extensions again after you opt out, simply select Use all Automated Extensions available for this account and you'll be good to go.
- All clickable Automated Extensions will be charged for clicks, similar to ad headline clicks.
- Opt-out is only available at the account level.
- Choosing to opt out of an Automated Extension will opt out the account from all features under this extension.
- Historical opt-outs will be honored at the Automated Extension level.
- Reporting is available at the Automated Extension level, and not at each individual feature.
Automated Extensions may or may not appear in ads, depending on placement and predicted impact.
If you want to be included in the default opt-out list to be excluded from future Automated Extensions, notify your account manager or contact support.