Smart campaigns: Set up tracking tags using Shopify
If you built your website on Shopify, read this article to learn how to set up tracking tags on it.
- This article shows how to set up tracking tags for smart campaigns using Shopify. Please refer to the Shopify Help Center for more information.
Microsoft Advertising is not responsible for Shopify's processes or documentation, nor for changes made to Shopify's processes or documentation.
- By installing the Microsoft Advertising app for Shopify, tracking tags are automatically created and added to every page of your website. Go to the Install an app page and follow the prompts to get your Microsoft Advertising app for Shopify set up.
If you created and manage your website with Shopify, you can add and manage your tracking tag there.
Implementing tracking tags using Shopify
- Copy your tracking tag. If you don't have it handy, you can find it by clicking the More options icon on your campaign's Customer action tracking pane and selecting View tracking tag.
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- In Shopify, go to Settings > Themes.
- Find the theme you're currently using and then click Actions > Edit code to access your website's code.
- Select theme.liquid and scroll down to the end of your website's code.
- Paste your tracking tag above the "</body>" HTML tag and click Save.
- Go to Settings > Checkout to add your tracking tag to your site's checkout page.
- Paste the tracking tag in the Order Processing > Additional scripts text box and click Save.