Smart campaigns: Set up tracking tags using WordPress.com
If you built your website on WordPress.com, read this article to learn how to set up tracking tags on it.
- This article shows how to set up tracking tags for smart campaigns using WordPress.com. Please refer to WordPress.com's Support page for more information.
Microsoft Advertising is not responsible for WordPress.com's processes or documentation, nor for changes made to WordPress.com's processes or documentation.
- WordPress.com and WordPress.org are different platforms. This article is about WordPress.com.
If you created and manage your website with WordPress.com, you can add and manage your tracking tag there.
Implementing tracking tags using WordPress.com
- Copy your tracking tag. If you don't have it handy, you can find it by clicking the More options icon on your campaign's Customer action tracking pane and selecting View tracking tag.
- Log in to your WordPress.com dashboard and select your website from My Blogs.
- There are several ways to add a tracking tag to your WordPress.com website. Here are two approaches (note that you need to have a WordPress.com Business plan to do these):
- Use a plugin: From your WordPress.com dashboard, click Plugins and search for a plugin that allows you to insert the tag into your site's headers or footers.
- Edit the theme file: Select Appearance > Editor to edit the theme file and add the tracking tag to the header of your site.