Best practices for audience ad images
Learn some tips and requirements for audience ad imagery.
Add compelling images to your audience ads to captivate your audience and enhance campaign performance to meet your advertising goals.
There are a few best practices to keep in mind when choosing images for your audience ads:
Choose the right imagery
- Make sure to upload high-quality images—they should not pixelate or degrade across screens. For minimum and recommended dimensions, see below.
- Choose images that align with your brand and are clearly relevant to the product or service you're advertising. However, don't just use a logo or image of your product—you'll want images that are more widely applicable. For example, lifestyle images that are relatable for your target audience will entice them to buy your product or service.
- We don't recommend images with text or logo overlays because they may appear distorted in different aspect ratios and ad placements. Your text and logos may appear invisible or may be cut off in smaller ad placements. Make sure to use your Ad text, Short headline, and Long headline for all ad messaging. If text is required for legal or other reasons, we recommend using as few words as possible, small font size, and centered text.
- Review your images in the ad preview tool before saving your ad to ensure that they look as expected in all aspect ratios. Re-crop your images as necessary.
Upload multiple images
- The more images you add increases ad variation, which can help attract more customers.
- Use images with the best performance in combination with your ad copy.
If you advertise on the Google Display Network, Facebook Audience Network, Yahoo Gemini, or with Pinterest Ads, you can use the same creative assets for your Microsoft Advertising campaigns.
- Accepted file types for images: .JPEG, .PNG
- Ensure that your images don't have text or logo overlays.
- High-resolution images only. Recommended dimensions: 1200 x 628 pixels or higher. Minimum dimensions: 703 x 368 pixels.
- There are no maximum dimensions or file size for audience ad images.
- Images must be relevant to the ad and your landing page. We recommend that you include the same imagery on the ad's landing page to ensure relevance.
- Images must conform to the Microsoft Advertising policies.
You're required to upload an image that meets the minimum dimensions of 703 x 368 pixels (1200 x 628 is recommended). Then we'll automatically crop your image so that it can serve in ad placements that use all of the aspect ratios listed below.
Not everyone can use these aspect ratios yet. If you can't, don't worry—they're coming soon!