Set up ad extensions scheduling
Learn how to set your ad extensions to show during times you specify.
Control when your ad extensions will show to customers with ad extension scheduling. You can have them show on certain days or during certain hours, so you can best cater to your targeted customers.
What's in it for me?
Reduced wasted clicks. Schedule ad extensions to display during the most ideal time for your business.
Improve customer experience. Catering to targeted customers helps to increase your click-through rate potential.
Enhance your ad with time-sensitive offers. Highlight time-sensitive deals, promotions, and offers.
Achieve campaign consistency. Enjoy consistency across platforms.
Get to know ad extension scheduling
- Ad extension scheduling is available for all extension types, except for Image Extensions.
- You can implement ad extension scheduling through Microsoft Advertising, Google Import, Bing Ads API, and Bulk Upload.
- Don’t forget that ad extensions are not guaranteed to serve. An ad extension serves depending on a number of factors, so scheduling your ad extensions doesn’t guarantee that the extensions will show then. Learn more
Start scheduling ad extensions
You can schedule an extension when you create it, or simply by editing an existing extension. Head over to the About ad extensions page for instructions to:
Add, edit, and delete ad extensions
Associate ad extensions to campaigns and ad groups
View extension scheduling details at a glance
- From the main menu on the left, select All campaigns.
- From the page menu, select Ads & extensions.
- Within the page, select the Extensions tab.
- Select Columns > Modify columns above the table.
- In the Modify columns table, within Attributes, add the following: Start date, End date, Schedule, and Time zone.
- Check the box and name this view if you'd like to Save this set of columns.
Apply your changes.