What are Merchant Promotions policies and editorial guidelines?
Take a look at the Merchant Promotions policies and editorial guidelines.
Every Merchant Promotion submitted to Microsoft Advertising must be accurate, truthful, and comply with Microsoft Advertising policies. Take a look at the policies that are specific to Merchant Promotions below. Familiarizing yourself with these policies before you submit your promotion can make the approval process much smoother, so you can start displaying your promotions faster!
Merchant Promotion policies
Availability: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, India, France, and Germany on PC and mobile devices .
- Each merchant can have a maximum of 1,000 live promotions at any given time.
- A maximum of 10 promotion IDs can be mapped to one item in the product feed.
- The minimum discount amount must be at least $5 or 5% off the current price of the item.
- Promotions can’t last longer than 6 months.
- Promotion redemption cannot be restricted to a certain audience (for example, military discounts, birthdays, first-time customers).
- Discounts and promotions must be applied at checkout or point of sale. Do not have discounts and promotions reflected in the SKU price on the product page or your product landing page.
- Receipt of free gifts or e-cards can be displayed on the product landing page and must also be displayed in the cart or on the checkout page.
- Any duplicate promotions (identical promotions with different promotion IDs) will be rejected.
- Promotions for products or services that are normally free, sweepstake offers, or text-only offers meant to advertise the product without a discount are not allowed.
- Additional costs cannot be added to promotional items to offset the promotion cost. In other words, you cannot add a fee to customers redeeming a promotion that is not applicable to customers who are not using the promotion.
- Promotions must be redeemable without additional user requirements, such as signing up for a store credit card or taking a survey to redeem the promotion.
- Promotion titles must be clear, concise, accurate, and only represent the value of the specific promotional offer.
- Any promotion that is tied to a product that is not participating in the promotion will be rejected.
Merchant Promotion editorial policies/guidelines
- Promotion titles must include the value of the promotion (for example, $ of % off).
Free $5 gift card with purchase
Free gift card with purchase
Promotion titles must state the item or service required for the discount.
Free $5 gift card with purchases over $50
Free $5 gift card with purchases
Promotions with a range of possible discounts or levels must have the lowest possible promotion value in the title.
10% off purchases, 10% - 25% off purchases
Up to 25% off purchases
Maximum discount limits in title are recommended.
10% off purchases (max discount $20)
Redemption details, such as coupon codes or promotion dates, cannot be included in the title.
10% off purchases by July
The currency in the title must match the country/region for where the promotion is targeted.
US Dollars = en-US
US Dollars = en-AU
Gimmicky words or phrases, or irrelevant text cannot be used in the title.
Save save save! 10% off all purchases
Missing spaces or extra spaces between letters, words, or punctuation cannot be used in the title.
F R E E $5 gift card with purchases over $50
Unnecessary punctuation, letters, numbers, or symbols cannot be used in the title.
Free! $5 gift card with purchases over $50!!!
Unnecessary capitalization cannot be used in the title.
FREE $5 GIFT CARD with purchases over $50
Titles cannot exceed 60 characters.