Create an audience
Learn how to create an audience that you can associate to a campaign or ad group for audience targeting.
Audience targeting lets you show your ads to specific groups of people who are likely to be interested in your products or services. The first step in audience targeting is to create an audience.
How to create an audience
- In the left pane, click Shared Library and then Audiences (or from the global menu at the top of the page, click Tools and then Audiences).
Click Create audience.
- Give your audience a unique name.
- Select the audience type you want to use.
- Click Next.
- Follow the instructions in the appropriate audience type's article:
- Custom audiences: Create richer user segments with your own data (available in all Microsoft Advertising markets except within the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom)
- Combined lists: Mix and match audiences to reach just the right customers (not everyone has this feature yet)
- Customer match: Use your own data to find customers (available in all Microsoft Advertising markets except within the European Union, United Kingdom, and China)
- Dynamic remarketing lists: Remarketing for products (not everyone has this feature yet)
- In-market audiences: Reach people who are ready to buy (available in Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States)
- LinkedIn profile targeting
- Remarketing: Target people who have visited your site before
- Similar audiences: Reach a wider qualified set of customers (not everyone has this feature yet)
An audience takes up to 24 hours to build, and targeting for it won't take effect until that point.