Create a Microsoft Merchant Center store
If you want to list your feed on the Microsoft Search Network, you first need to create Microsoft Merchant Center store.
If you want to list your feed on the Microsoft Search Network, you first need to create a Microsoft Merchant Center store. Once you create a store, it will either be auto-approved, auto-rejected, or queued for a manual review. The review process can take up to five days, but you will receive an email when an approval decision has been made.
From the top menu, select Tools > Merchant center > Manage stores (shopping cart icon).
Select Create store.
- Enter your store info, including your Store description. You also have the option to block aggregators here.
- You'll also be asked to verify your site through Domain validation. You have two choices:
Note: If you validate your domain using a UET tag, the tag must register at least 50 events before the domain appears as an option when you create a Microsoft Merchant Center store.
- Select Save.
After successful store creation, you will be taken to a page where you will be informed of the store status. You'll be able to check if your store was automatically approved/rejected or is queued up for manual review.
After your store is approved, you can create your feed.
Things to keep in mind when creating a store
- Your store name is required and cannot be changed later. It will appear in your product ads, so accuracy is important.
- Your destination URL must have been verified using Bing Webmaster Tools or a UET tag. It must also comply with URL formatting rules such as starting with a protocol (http:// or https://).
- If you want to use the content API for creating and sending feeds, you will need to get a tenant URL. Learn more
If you validate your domain using a UET tag, the tag must register at least 50 events before the domain appears as an option when you create a Microsoft Merchant Center store.
Potential store rejection reasons
- Attempting to claim an unverified domain.
Microsoft Advertising customer has been identified as an adult advertiser.
- Lack of presence in the markets supported for product ads by Microsoft Advertising.
- Non-encrypted (non-SSL) checkout. You will want to verify that your SSL certificates are valid.
Creating multiple stores
You can create multiple stores, but you are not allowed to sell the same products through multiple stores. For example, if you sell sporting equipment, you can create a golf store and a basketball store.
My store was rejected. What can I do?
We reject stores that violate one or more of the above guidelines. Please review your store information and feed(s) to make sure they comply with our policies and guidelines. If you believe we have incorrectly rejected your store, you may request a review.
Request a review
From the top menu, select Tools > Merchant center > Summary.
Here, you can view information about your store's or feed(s) issues.
- Make the appropriate changes to fix your store's or feed(s) issues.
- In the Product issues tab, select Request a review.
Note: You can only request one review per store.