Support wait times may be longer than usual. We're sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
What are view-through conversions?
Learn about how to track audience ad impressions as conversions even if the customer doesn't click the ad.
To use this feature, you will need to have Universal Event Tracking (UET) set up. Learn more about UET.
With view-through conversions, when an audience ad plants the idea of your product or service in a customer's mind, that ad gets credit for the eventual conversion, even if the customer never clicked the ad. An audience ad impression counts as a conversion when this happens:
- Your audience ad appears on a webpage that a potential customer visits.
- Within a time period that you have defined, the same customer makes a purchase or other conversion on your website, without clicking your ad in the interim.
Key things to keep in mind
- If customers click on any of your ads across Microsoft Advertising, they'll automatically be excluded from your view-through conversion metric so they won't be counted twice.
- View-through conversions are tracked for both audience campaign ads and search ads extended to the Microsoft Audience Network.
- This performance metric appears in the View-through conversions column of your tables and reports. View-through conversions are attributed to the last impression and are reported at the time of the impression.
Including view-through conversions in the All conv. column
By default, view-through conversions are counted the same as other conversions, and are therefore included in the figure you see in the All conv. column of your tables and reports. To change this setting:
- Click Campaigns at the top of the page, and then on the left pane, click Shared Library and then Account level options (or from the main menu on the left, click All campaigns, then Settings, and then Account settings).
- For View-through conversions, unselect or reselect the checkbox next to Include view-through conversions from the Microsoft Audience Network in your "All conv." columns.
- Click Save.
Setting your view-through conversion window
The view-through conversion window is the time between an impression and the last moment you want this impression to count towards a view-through conversion.
By default, all UET-based conversion goals are set with a view-through conversion window of 1 day. For new conversion goals, you can change this setting on the Goal details page when you create the goal. To change this setting for existing conversion goals:
- Click Campaigns at the top of the page, and then on the left pane, click Conversion Tracking and then Conversion goals (or from the global menu at the top of the page, click Tools and then Conversion goals).
- Select the conversion goal you want to edit.
- Click Edit > Edit goal.
- Click Next to get to the Goal details page.
- For View-through conversion window, enter a new time period.
- Click Save.